Campaign 2000, a group of citizens dedicated to ending child poverty in Canada, has issued a poverty reduction strategy, in time for the upcoming Provincial election.
Their aim is to push their platform onto the political agenda:
- Immediately hike the minimum wage to $10 an hour.
- Increase and index welfare rates to inflation.
- Increase annual child benefits by $1,260.
- Bring in regulated daycare, with parent fees based on income, for all kids under 12.
- Build 8,300 new affordable housing units and provide 45,000 rent supplements to bring down the cost of existing units.
It's high time our political leaders realized that there are two main issues that dominate the conscience of the public: Poverty and the Environment.
And its high time they did something about it.
You must be logged in to comment.