Candidate List Nears Finalization
By Ryan McGreal
Published April 12, 2011
Tomorrow, once the registered candidate list is finalized on the Elections Canada website (execrable as it is), we will begin sending our RTH campaign questions to the candidates.
Here is the list of questions, inspired in large part by the responses to our earlier call for suggestions:
- Do you support some form of proportional representation instead of first-past-the-post voting? If so, what will you do to promote it? If not, why not?
- Will you always vote along party lines, or are you prepared to vote your conscience on a matter in which you disagree with your party's position?
- Do you support Vrancor's attempt to remove heritage protection from 150 Main Street West (the old Revenue Canada building)? Why or why not?
- Will you call for a full public inquiry into the 2010 G20? Why or why not?
- Do you believe global oil production is at or near an historic peak? If so, what will your party do to prepare Canada for declining oil production? If not, why not?
- Do you believe human activity is contributing to climate change? If so, what should we do about it? If not, why not?
- Will your platform promote the growth of manufacturing jobs in Hamilton? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Will your party take steps to make sure the foreign purchase of Canadian companies does not cost Canadian jobs? If so, what will you do? If not, why not?
- Do you believe parliamentary rule has been eroding in Canada? If so, what will you do to reverse it? If not, why not?
- Bonus question: please explain how the Prime Minister and cabinet are formed in the Canadian Parliamentary system.
Note: Some of the listed candidates on the RTH Elections site are currently missing contact information. If you have websites, email addresses or other info for any candidate, please email it to me or post it below in the comments.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to comment.