Comment 30800

By TreyS (registered) | Posted May 05, 2009 at 21:16:23

FYI The body of water between Hamilton and Burlington is officially named "Hamilton Harbour". Not 'Burlington Bay'. I just read the plaque from the Canadian Government in the Hamilton Port Authority Building.

I'll give half points for "Burlington Bridge", but it's name is the "James N. Allen Skyway Bridge".

"Burlington" as a name is from the 'heights' seen from Sir Allen MacNab's Dundurn Castle. It was a strategic point to protect the harbour from the Americans. The word "Burlington" was invented in Hamilton. ... just like half its population.

Permalink | Context

Events Calendar

There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?

Recent Articles

Article Archives

Blog Archives

Site Tools