There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?
- Justice for Indigenous Peoples is Long Overdueby Ryan McGreal, published June 30, 2021 in Commentary
- Third-Party Election Advertising Ban About Silencing Workersby Chantal Mancini, published June 29, 2021 in Politics
- Did Doug Ford Test the 'Great Barrington Declaration' on Ontarians?by Ryan McGreal, published June 29, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- An Update on Raise the Hammerby Ryan McGreal, published June 28, 2021 in Site Notes
- Nestlé Selling North American Water Bottling to an Private Equity Firmby Doreen Nicoll, published February 23, 2021 in Healing Gaia
- Jolley Old Sam Lawrenceby Sean Burak, published February 19, 2021 in Special Report: Cycling
- Right-Wing Extremism is a Driving Force in Modern Conservatismby Ryan McGreal, published February 18, 2021 in Special Report: Extremism
- Municipalities Need to Unite against Ford's Firehose of Land Use Changesby Michelle Silverton, published February 16, 2021 in Special Report
- Challenging Doug Ford's Pandemic Narrativeby Ryan McGreal, published January 25, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The Year 2020 Has Been a Wakeup Callby Michael Nabert, published December 31, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Marshmallow Experimentby Ryan McGreal, published December 22, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- All I Want for Christmas, 2020by Kevin Somers, published December 21, 2020 in Entertainment and Sports
- Hamilton Shelters Remarkably COVID-19 Free Thanks to Innovative Testing Programby Jason Allen, published December 21, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- Province Rams Through Glass Factory in Stratfordby Doreen Nicoll, published December 21, 2020 in Healing Gaia
- We Can Prevent Traffic Deaths if We Make Safety a Real Priorityby Ryan McGreal, published December 08, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- These Aren't 'Accidents', These Are Resultsby Tom Flood, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- Conservation Conundrumby Paul Weinberg, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report
- Defund Police Protest Threatens Fragile Ruling Classby Cameron Kroetsch, published December 03, 2020 in Special Report: Anti-Racism
- Measuring the Potential of Biogas to Reduce GHG Emissionsby John Loukidelis and Thomas Cassidy, published November 23, 2020 in Special Report: Climate Change
- Ontario Squanders Early Pandemic Sacrificeby Ryan McGreal, published November 18, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
By Enterprise (registered) | Posted October 23, 2010 at 10:57:39
TreyS wrote: For once, stop the prejudice against people that have made their own money!!!!. ie Foxcroft, Brailey, Joyce, and Young (and others I'm sorry to not name all for the sake of keeping this comment as brief as possible). I don't hear you all dissing; Juravinski, Lee Chin or DeGroote. I'm sorry you're not a millionaire, but losing the bitterness might help you. These are Hamiltonians that give a crap about our City.*
Well, TreyS, yes and no: I am a fan of anyone who starts up and is able to run a successful business & I was a fan of many of the people you list here until I heard one of them on CHML. I was so disappointed to hear him speak, to hear the disparaging remarks he made, his condescending attitude.
The whole stadium issue feels like a manipulation by a few people with power to hijack taxpayers money to further their own interests under the guise of being 'what's best for the city.'
I'm trying to educate myself on this whole issue (I look forward to the McMaster University free lecture on the 28th about funding of stadiums) and am trying to find out who exactly is behind what (RTH site has been a wonderful source of information).
We have a bit more time to review the whole mess and hopefully reason will prevail.
Comment edited by Enterprise on 2010-10-23 10:00:48
Permalink | Context