There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?
- Justice for Indigenous Peoples is Long Overdueby Ryan McGreal, published June 30, 2021 in Commentary
- Third-Party Election Advertising Ban About Silencing Workersby Chantal Mancini, published June 29, 2021 in Politics
- Did Doug Ford Test the 'Great Barrington Declaration' on Ontarians?by Ryan McGreal, published June 29, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- An Update on Raise the Hammerby Ryan McGreal, published June 28, 2021 in Site Notes
- Nestlé Selling North American Water Bottling to an Private Equity Firmby Doreen Nicoll, published February 23, 2021 in Healing Gaia
- Jolley Old Sam Lawrenceby Sean Burak, published February 19, 2021 in Special Report: Cycling
- Right-Wing Extremism is a Driving Force in Modern Conservatismby Ryan McGreal, published February 18, 2021 in Special Report: Extremism
- Municipalities Need to Unite against Ford's Firehose of Land Use Changesby Michelle Silverton, published February 16, 2021 in Special Report
- Challenging Doug Ford's Pandemic Narrativeby Ryan McGreal, published January 25, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The Year 2020 Has Been a Wakeup Callby Michael Nabert, published December 31, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Marshmallow Experimentby Ryan McGreal, published December 22, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- All I Want for Christmas, 2020by Kevin Somers, published December 21, 2020 in Entertainment and Sports
- Hamilton Shelters Remarkably COVID-19 Free Thanks to Innovative Testing Programby Jason Allen, published December 21, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- Province Rams Through Glass Factory in Stratfordby Doreen Nicoll, published December 21, 2020 in Healing Gaia
- We Can Prevent Traffic Deaths if We Make Safety a Real Priorityby Ryan McGreal, published December 08, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- These Aren't 'Accidents', These Are Resultsby Tom Flood, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- Conservation Conundrumby Paul Weinberg, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report
- Defund Police Protest Threatens Fragile Ruling Classby Cameron Kroetsch, published December 03, 2020 in Special Report: Anti-Racism
- Measuring the Potential of Biogas to Reduce GHG Emissionsby John Loukidelis and Thomas Cassidy, published November 23, 2020 in Special Report: Climate Change
- Ontario Squanders Early Pandemic Sacrificeby Ryan McGreal, published November 18, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
By Kiely (registered) | Posted October 28, 2010 at 15:44:43
Hear hear Undustrial!!! Many of us use the terms, I tend to use them more as an indication of someones ideological position more so than an actual position on the "political spectrum" (i.e, "right wingers" or "neo-cons" are the people that have bought into the concept or "myth" of right wing ideology). I don't know if it always was, but the "political spectrum" has become a scam to divide and conquer us. To convince us that we are different and this guy's opinions are different than yours and they're dangerous!
If the centre, the middle, the majority of people... whatever you want to call it ever realised that we are all in this together, all want essentially the same things (to be loved, to have a clean, safe and secure place to raise our children and/or build a family, etc...) and there truly are proven ways of accomplishing it then we would all have more power.
The ruling class is 1% of the population, they can't have the other 99% banding together now can they... that would be imposing odds on their chances of maintaining control. So "society" has developed many different ways of segregating people from one another, to make people feel superior to others and to create many different divisions of "us and them". The concept of the modern "political spectrum" is just one of them.
Good decisions are good decisions and they can come from many different points along the so called "political spectrum".
For my part I try not to wear any team uniform or fly any flag. I am not right, centre, or left, I'm not progressive or liberal or neo-con or anything in between... I am a person, a citizen of earth, just like the billions of other people in the world who just want to do right by their loved ones, put in an honest effort and go to bed happy.
It is all so simple in my mind, (perhaps that comes from being simple minded : ) but unfortunately the actual job of reversing the massive Clockwork Orange that has been perpetrated on us all is a lot tougher than just saying "I just want to be loved man... don't you?"
So the question becomes how do we breakdown these very powerful barriers that have been placed between us?
Permalink | Context