Comment 74461

By RenaissanceWatcher (registered) | Posted February 16, 2012 at 08:03:54

At yesterday’s GIC meeting, council passed a motion expanding the size of the downtown area (i.e. the Community Improvement Project Area) exempt from development charges. There is an absolute 90% exemption plus a dollar for dollar exemption on the remaining 10% of the development charge if the developer contributes monies to a Downtown Public Art Reserve.

The west harbour brownfield lands now fall within the area exempt from development charges. It would also appear from the map (page 15, Appendix "A" in the staff report in the link below) that a strip of the exempted area jutting east to Wentworth Street may include The Pearl Company property on Steven Street.

Comment edited by RenaissanceWatcher on 2012-02-16 08:07:14

Permalink | Context

Events Calendar

There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?

Recent Articles

Article Archives

Blog Archives

Site Tools