There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?
- Justice for Indigenous Peoples is Long Overdueby Ryan McGreal, published June 30, 2021 in Commentary
- Third-Party Election Advertising Ban About Silencing Workersby Chantal Mancini, published June 29, 2021 in Politics
- Did Doug Ford Test the 'Great Barrington Declaration' on Ontarians?by Ryan McGreal, published June 29, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- An Update on Raise the Hammerby Ryan McGreal, published June 28, 2021 in Site Notes
- Nestlé Selling North American Water Bottling to an Private Equity Firmby Doreen Nicoll, published February 23, 2021 in Healing Gaia
- Jolley Old Sam Lawrenceby Sean Burak, published February 19, 2021 in Special Report: Cycling
- Right-Wing Extremism is a Driving Force in Modern Conservatismby Ryan McGreal, published February 18, 2021 in Special Report: Extremism
- Municipalities Need to Unite against Ford's Firehose of Land Use Changesby Michelle Silverton, published February 16, 2021 in Special Report
- Challenging Doug Ford's Pandemic Narrativeby Ryan McGreal, published January 25, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The Year 2020 Has Been a Wakeup Callby Michael Nabert, published December 31, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Marshmallow Experimentby Ryan McGreal, published December 22, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- All I Want for Christmas, 2020by Kevin Somers, published December 21, 2020 in Entertainment and Sports
- Hamilton Shelters Remarkably COVID-19 Free Thanks to Innovative Testing Programby Jason Allen, published December 21, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- Province Rams Through Glass Factory in Stratfordby Doreen Nicoll, published December 21, 2020 in Healing Gaia
- We Can Prevent Traffic Deaths if We Make Safety a Real Priorityby Ryan McGreal, published December 08, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- These Aren't 'Accidents', These Are Resultsby Tom Flood, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- Conservation Conundrumby Paul Weinberg, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report
- Defund Police Protest Threatens Fragile Ruling Classby Cameron Kroetsch, published December 03, 2020 in Special Report: Anti-Racism
- Measuring the Potential of Biogas to Reduce GHG Emissionsby John Loukidelis and Thomas Cassidy, published November 23, 2020 in Special Report: Climate Change
- Ontario Squanders Early Pandemic Sacrificeby Ryan McGreal, published November 18, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
By H+H (registered) - website | Posted January 09, 2013 at 16:05:31
Ryan - a brilliantly written piece. This thing goes from bad to worse. Here's an email I sent to all Councillors earlier this afternoon. Jason Farr, my own Councillor, has sent an email to his colleagues saying that he following up on their behalf. Sam Merulla also responded.
I'm pasting in a shocking statement taken directly from the Our Voice. Our Hamilton. website questionnaire. It has not been altered in any way, whatsoever by me. On that, you have my word of honour.
"Talk to people (Aboriginal, newcomer, low-income) who probably aren’t showing up in large numbers at events."
I hope you are as outraged as am I with the bias and ignorance shown in this statement. It goes well beyond the level of wrong photographs or not knowing what HSR stands for.
May I ask you to do something about this immediately?
This kind of egregious statement in an officially sanctioned questionnaire that purports to be by and for the City of Hamilton is disgraceful. It needs to be removed. The City of Hamilton is already dealing with the Ontario Human Rights Commission. Let's not add yet another issue to that file. In fact, I suggest that the site be taken down and fixed. As a taxpayer, I'm happy to support new methods of citizen engagement, but I will not support mediocrity, unprofessionalism, and prejudice.
Comment edited by H+H on 2013-01-09 16:06:20
Permalink | Context