There are no upcoming events right now.
Why not post one?
- Justice for Indigenous Peoples is Long Overdueby Ryan McGreal, published June 30, 2021 in Commentary
- Third-Party Election Advertising Ban About Silencing Workersby Chantal Mancini, published June 29, 2021 in Politics
- Did Doug Ford Test the 'Great Barrington Declaration' on Ontarians?by Ryan McGreal, published June 29, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- An Update on Raise the Hammerby Ryan McGreal, published June 28, 2021 in Site Notes
- Nestlé Selling North American Water Bottling to an Private Equity Firmby Doreen Nicoll, published February 23, 2021 in Healing Gaia
- Jolley Old Sam Lawrenceby Sean Burak, published February 19, 2021 in Special Report: Cycling
- Right-Wing Extremism is a Driving Force in Modern Conservatismby Ryan McGreal, published February 18, 2021 in Special Report: Extremism
- Municipalities Need to Unite against Ford's Firehose of Land Use Changesby Michelle Silverton, published February 16, 2021 in Special Report
- Challenging Doug Ford's Pandemic Narrativeby Ryan McGreal, published January 25, 2021 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The Year 2020 Has Been a Wakeup Callby Michael Nabert, published December 31, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Marshmallow Experimentby Ryan McGreal, published December 22, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- All I Want for Christmas, 2020by Kevin Somers, published December 21, 2020 in Entertainment and Sports
- Hamilton Shelters Remarkably COVID-19 Free Thanks to Innovative Testing Programby Jason Allen, published December 21, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
- Province Rams Through Glass Factory in Stratfordby Doreen Nicoll, published December 21, 2020 in Healing Gaia
- We Can Prevent Traffic Deaths if We Make Safety a Real Priorityby Ryan McGreal, published December 08, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- These Aren't 'Accidents', These Are Resultsby Tom Flood, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report: Walkable Streets
- Conservation Conundrumby Paul Weinberg, published December 04, 2020 in Special Report
- Defund Police Protest Threatens Fragile Ruling Classby Cameron Kroetsch, published December 03, 2020 in Special Report: Anti-Racism
- Measuring the Potential of Biogas to Reduce GHG Emissionsby John Loukidelis and Thomas Cassidy, published November 23, 2020 in Special Report: Climate Change
- Ontario Squanders Early Pandemic Sacrificeby Ryan McGreal, published November 18, 2020 in Special Report: COVID-19
By Connie (registered) | Posted August 10, 2013 at 10:29:00
"Is this a good heritage outcome? No. The Gore area should have been designated as a Conservation District many years ago. A look back reveals how many City Councils (not just this City Council) had information on the importance of the Gore, yet did not act."
Ah ... but it is THIS CITY COUNCIL that's tearing the buildings down and going to go into an election next year with 6 EMPTY HOLES facing Gore Park where valuable heritage buildings now stand. And it will be THIS CITY COUNCIL that pays the price at the polls.
FARR and MCHATTIE are playing word games with "heritage" to allow the developer to SCAM some taxpayer money to tear the buildings down.
COLLINS CLARK FERGUSON PEARSON and PARTRIDGE refused to designate the buildings, and bear full responsibility for the destruction.
And will these fools finally be satisfied when the whole downtown looks like a mountain plaza? Like the new and horribly pedestrian unfriendly "Centre" with their blank backsides of buildings facing the street?
Hamilton: Acres of ugly topped with stupid, where City Council really knows how to kill the buzz they couldn't create!
The facts: Adaptive reuse of old buildings by small businesses has created a vibrant downtown community. There's a demand for small venues in older buildings in the core, but not for large developments.
City Council: GREAT! Let's capitalize on that! We'll knock down some heritage buildings and BUILD A BIG TARGET STORE ... OR "WHATEVER" !
Words are not enough when intelligence is absent. Obviously direct action will be necessary.
THESE BUILDINGS ARE NOT COMING DOWN!
Comment edited by grannysaga on 2013-08-10 10:31:57
Permalink | Context